Monday, March 14, 2011

Henry Ford Museum--Greenfield Village, lets travel to the past


Sorry viewers I have been so busy the last couple of weeks, I haven't had a chance to blog.  When I visited Michigan, our group visited the town of Deer born.  Here is where the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village is located.  Visiting museums was never a big hobby of mine, so I expected it to be boring.  I was so wrong.  After visiting there, I feel that it is truly a place everyone should visit at least once in their life.  The building resembled a warehouse that is a shrine to American history.  To name some of the few important items on display at the village was the 1961 Lincoln Continental that President Kennedy was assassignated in, the chair Abraham Lincoln sat in when he was shot and the bus that Rosa Parks rode on when she refused to give up her seat.  
The museum is truly all American and I felt much pride and astonishment as I walked through it.  I think the most amazing part of the museum is that we forget where these items in history are located (They are all located at the Henry Ford Museum). 



Greenfield Village is right next door to the Henry Ford Museum and it is just as amazing.  Every building at Green field Village was taken down and rebuilt by hand.  The village has many famous buildings.  Some being the Wright brothers home and Thomas Eddison's laboratory.  The village also offers steam locomotive rides and rides in original model T cars.  If you are looking for a quick get away, visit the Henry Ford Museum and Green field village in Deer born, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment